Welcome!

I need to write every single day and this is where I'm going to post some of it. Please read, hopefully enjoy, and leave a comment to let me know what you think. Feel free to link me on your blog or website or tell a friend if you think they'd like to read my stuff.

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Once more...with feeling

So once upon a time I started this blog with the idea of updating every month with two or three bits of interconnected adventure fiction. I kept that up for a bit, it was a great experiment, but it was ultimately a spectacular failure. A failure because I couldn't keep it up at the time, I wasn't committed to writing in general or bettering my craft. But I say spectacular because it was really the beginning of what would eventually get me serious about writing.

So now, more years later than I care to admit (five...ish), I have a first draft of a novel in the can and I'm about to start rewrites with an eye towards sending it past an editor and then shopping it around. I have ideas for short stories I hope to turn into marketable product. I have plans for audio theater productions. I have published work, and more of it to come, in the roleplaying game industry. All that continually amazes me.

But I still sometimes struggle with writing SOMETHING every day. I also want more immediate feedback. Plus, loving and well intentioned people who seem genuinely interested in reading some stuff I'm working on keep asking to read the novel but I won't let them because it isn't ready. That's where Pulp Diction comes in. I'm pledging to write 500-1,000 words a day and a lot of that writing will wind up posted here. I plan on writing one day, editing it the next, posting the edited stuff, and writing the stuff to be edited the next day. And I want you to read it! And comment on it! And tell your friends about it if you think they'd like to read it so they can comment on it! For those of you that I specifically invited to this site, I'll be actively LOOKING for you to do this stuff for me (mostly because you guys have been bugging me to read the novel and I won't let you yet).

This is pretty ambitious of me, honestly. I only get a couple hours to write every day (mostly during my son's nap time). Sadly, even if I had all day to write, this schedule wouldn't result in new posts daily. Some of my projects are work for hire and I don't exactly own the finished product. Some of them just won't work in a blog format. Some won't have wide enough appeal. I'll also be editing my novel, Hell Bent for Leather, as well as preparing for a new roleplaying campaign with which I want to rock my game group's socks. All that stuff is important to me but conspires against daily updates to the blog. But I do pledge to update at least 2-4 times a week so that if you visit every three days or so, there ought to be a couple new things for you to read.

So, whaddya say? We got a deal? I'll write it, you read it and tell me what you think of it? Great! See you in the comments section!

PS: If anybody who reads this wants an RSS feed, I totally understand that desire. Unfortunately I don't understand the process of creating an RSS feed. Advice (or just doing it for me) would be appreciated.

PSS: Never mind, blogger does RSS feeds for me automatically and I didn't realize that because I'm a noob.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yeah, spend 20 minutes a day getting everything out of your head. Good for the soul. Look at all the fools on TV with their ranting and raving. You just do it online, and aren't stoopid. :)

Celeste